Loudon Utilities, a municipal electric, natural gas, wastewater, and water utility, is seekingan Electrical Engineer for its Loudon, Tennessee, operations.
Working under the instructions of the Director of Engineering, the individual awarded this position will have responsibilities in the following areas:
- Participate in the planning, operation, and maintenance of substations, overhead and underground distribution systems.
- Provide technical support and make recommendations on operational technologies such as SCADA, distribution automation, AMI and other critical operation applications.
- Perform engineering analysis for system protection and coordination, review load balance and allocation, fault studies and automation..
- Coordinates and oversees contractors when necessary.
- Consult with customers regarding service policies and design requirements and prepare customer contribution of aid.
- Recommend and develop capital budget plans for asset management and system improvements.
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualifications:
Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering is required. A minimum of 5 to 10 years’ experience withdesign, construction and operation of electrical distribution systems is preferred.
A Tennessee Professional Engineer’s license (or the ability to obtain within 5 years) is favored.
Strong analytical and project management skills, along with strong written and oral communication abilities are ideal.
Candidate must be proficient in the use of software including Window, Excel, and Word. Familiarity with Autocad, Milsoft and GIS software is desirable.
Position is subject to residency requirement.
Loudon Utilities provides a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package that includes healthcare plans, paid time off, paid holidays and retirement. Loudon Utilities is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Qualified Applicants send resume to:
email@example.com or Loudon Utilities, Human Resources, PO Box 69, Loudon, TN 37774
• Post ID: 21897873 knoxville